Posted By Ingrid Williams,
Thursday, August 15, 2013
| Comments (0)
Our camps have passed ACA inspection! Only 13 resident camps in Oklahoma have achieved this prestigious accreditation with over 300 health, safety, and program standards to be met. CONGRATULATIONS to our wonderful staff, donors, and volunteers who help ensure the quality of our programs and facilities!
ACA Accreditation and Standards
- Educates camp owners and directors in the administration of key aspects of camp operation, program quality, and the health and safety of campers and staff
- Establishes guidelines for needed policies, procedures, and practices
- Assists the public in selecting camps that meet industry-accepted and government-recognized standards. ACA's Find-A-Camp Database provides the public with many ways to find the ideal ACA-accredited camp
What does this mean to the public??
- A trusted sign. The ACA-Accredited Camp sign has 50 years of parent trust behind it.
- For a very busy and preoccupied public, a way to presort among camp options. Accreditation identifies those programs which offer a solid foundation of health, safety, and program quality.
- Assurance that you comply with up to 300 health, safety, and program quality standards.
- Solid proof of your accountability, credibility, and commitment. Evidence that you care. It demonstrates you have gone to great lengths, have been evaluated, and have passed the test!
- It shows you continually seek expert counsel. Experts from many fields: The American Academy of Pediatrics, American Red Cross, etc., continually work with ACA to improve our camp standards program.