As we celebrate Girl Scout Leader’s Day on April 22, we want to say thank you for all you do to make Girl Scouting possible in eastern Oklahoma.
You have given something very special to our girls … your time, your energy, and your talents … so that they can grow into tomorrow’s strong, confident leaders.
You lead by example and pave the way for them to become the next generation of volunteers as well. Because you said yes when someone asked you to make a positive difference …
- A young girl will feel the pride of being someone special as she carefully puts on her uniform for the first time.
- Parents will experience that special pride when they listen to their daughter say the Girl Scout Promise for the first time.
- Bright eyes will become a little brighter with excitement as the kindling finally catches on the first campfire and nervous giggles will emit from tents as girls try to fall asleep on their first night of camp.
- Young lives will be energized by the ability to truly make a difference in ways that are meaningful to them.
- A Girl Scout can move to a new town and have the confidence to make new friends and have an instant bond with Girl Scouts she has not yet met.
- The community and the world will be richer because a girl has learned the importance of caring for others and serving her community.
- An eager teenager will believe in herself and confidently make plans for her future.
- A young woman will contact a Girl Scout office one day and say, “I had so much fun when I was a Girl Scout. I’d like to try being a leader.”
And the circle will continue because you said ... “YES!”
From the Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma board of directors and staff, thank you again for all you do to make Girl Scouting possible for girls all across our council. WE are grateful!
(P.S. If you are one of our leaders and did not receive a letter in the mail with a special, exclusive coupon, please contact Pam Edge.)