What About Parents?
The Volunteer Toolkit (VTK) is a digital resource that supports troop leaders and co-leaders, making the process of running a troop easier and more efficient. Check out some of the toolkit’s top features below. Then watch the video playlist above for a detailed walk-through.
Through the VTK, troop leaders can:
- Plan the troop’s calendar year
- Email parents with one click.
- View the troop roster, renew girls’ membership, and update their contact information.
- View Daisy, Brownie, and Junior Journeys and badges to plan for troop meetings.
o There are three prepopulated year plans in the VTK for Daisy, Brownie, and Junior leaders, with 15 meetings each.
- Customize meetings by troop year with other badge and Journey options.
- NEW! Access the VTK as a multilevel troop (troops with a mix of girls in Daisy, Brownie, and Junior levels).
- Explore individual meeting plans that show a breakdown of every meeting, including a list of the materials needed, and editable time allotments for each activity within a meeting.
- Record girls’ attendance at meetings and their badge and Journey achievements.
- Add council or custom troop events to the troop’s calendar.
- Enter the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
- Easily locate resources, such as Safety Activity Checkpoints.
- NEW! Access 18 activities that now include a “Get Outside” option, which provides alternative outdoor options.
- Parents can now access the VTK to see what their girl’s troop or group is doing (e.g, meeting information and which badges and Journeys she is working on).
- Parents can also view the troop’s finances (depending on the council’s process).
Log in today! Click on My GS in the upper right-hand corner to get started.