New Troop Leader Training
Mon Sep 18, 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM CST
McAlester Girl Scout Service Center, 301 West Seneca Avenue, McAlester, OK, 74501 Map
This training will help prepare volunteers to effectively facilitate their troops by utilizing GSEOK specific information. We offer flexibility so it can be used with a group of volunteers who are partnering with girls of the same grade level or different grade levels.
- What a typical meeting might look like for a grade level.
- Several tips for managing a troop and conducting a troop meeting, including circles, check-in, quiet sign, troop agreement, and parts of a troop meeting.
- Identify sensitive issues and be able to report them appropriately.
- Understand the GSEOK financial requirements, such as bank account and semi-annual reporting.
- How to plan a troop meeting.
- Appreciate the annual life cycles of a troop.
- Support provided through mentors, Council, and Service Unit.