Safety Basics Refresher (Medic Pediatric Plus) Registration Deadline
April 4, 2014
Tulsa Girl Scout Service Center
2432 East 51st Street
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74105
Successful completion of this course certifies an individual as a first aider.
The Refresher course is available to renew certification of a previous Medic Pediatric Plus course, prior to expiration. The class is designed for individuals already familiar with safety practices. This course includes responding to an emergency, CPR skills, first aid and safety. You will be given an opportunity to practice using manikins, scenarios and guidance from a trained instructor, then you will complete a performance examination. Certification is valid for two years.
A refresher may be completed once in between full courses. The full course is required every four years.
Prerequisite: The ability to kneel and participate in physical activity.
About GSEOK Safety Courses: An adult who has taken GSUSA approved First Aid and CPR training and volunteers to provide safety services to a troop is a first aider. First aiders are required when troops participate in activities that need council approval. The Safety-Wise chapter of Volunteer Essentials discusses first aiders and defines who qualifies as a first aider and Wilderness First Aider.
- For all First Aid and CPR courses, the number of participants is strictly limited. Spaces fill on a first come, first served basis. Courses may be cancelled if less than six people are registered.
- Registrations will not be processed until payment is received.
- Be early! Participants who arrive late will not be certified.
- Notify the training registrar as soon as possible if you are unable to attend. Someone may be waiting for your space.
- All courses include skill sessions requiring working on the floor. Wear comfortable clothing and bring a cushion for kneeling as needed.
- Participants are required to complete both written exams and skills test(s) in all courses to receive certification.
- Courses scheduled to meet through a meal time, will not break. Bring a drink and food with you to the course.
Click here for registration!
« Go to Upcoming Event List