Successful completion of this course certifies an individual as a first aider. This course includes responding to an emergency, CPR skills, first aid and safety. You will be given an opportunity to practice using manikins, scenarios and guidance from a trained instructor, then you will complete a performance examination.
Certification is valid for two years.
Prerequisite: The ability to kneel and participate in physical activity.
What to Bring: Paper, pen, food and drink, your enthusiasm and Training Record Card.
This course listing is for a full classroom course. This training is also offered in a blended learning course. Blended learning delivers a portion of the training in an online format, thus reducing the amount of time spent in the classroom. The content and certification is the same for both classes.
Note: A Refresher course is available to renew certification of a previous Medic Pediatric Plus course, prior to expiration. A refresher may be completed once in between full courses. The full course is required every four years.
About GSEOK Safety Courses: An adult who has taken GSUSA approved First Aid and CPR training and volunteers to provide safety services to a troop is a first aider. First aiders are required when troops participate in activities that need council approval.
The Safety-Wise chapter of Volunteer Essentials discusses first aiders and defines who qualifies as a first aider and Wilderness First Aider.
- For all First Aid and CPR courses, the number of participants is strictly limited. Spaces fill on a first come, first served basis. Courses may be cancelled if less than six people are registered.
- Registrations will not be processed until payment is received.
- Be early! Participants who arrive late will not be certified.
- Notify the training registrar as soon as possible if you are unable to attend. Someone may be waiting for your space.
- All courses include skill sessions requiring working on the floor. Wear comfortable clothing and bring a cushion for kneeling as needed.
- Participants are required to complete both written exams and skills test(s) in all courses to receive certification.
- Courses scheduled to meet through a meal time, will not break. Bring a drink and food with you to the course.
Click here for registration!