ASHI Wilderness First Aid TUL 11/8/14 & 11/9/14
November 08, 2014
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Tulsa Girl Scout Service Center
2432 East 51st Street
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74105
This course certifies participants as a wilderness first aider, if current CPR certification is also held.
Certification is valid for three years.
A wilderness first aider is required:
• when you are more than 30 minutes or more from emergency services
• for activities as indicated by Safety Activity Checkpoints
What to Bring: Note taking materials and Training Record Card.
About GSEOK Safety Courses: An adult who has taken GSUSA approved First Aid and CPR training and volunteers to provide safety services to a troop is a first aider. First aiders are required when troops participate in activities that need council approval. The Safety-Wise chapter of Volunteer Essentials discusses first aiders and defines who qualifies as a Level 1, Level 2, and Wilderness First Aider.
- For all First Aid and CPR courses, the number of participants is strictly limited. Spaces fill on a first come, first served basis. Courses may be cancelled if less than six people are registered.
- Registrations will not be processed until payment is received.
- Be early! Participants who arrive late will not be certified.
- Notify the training registrar as soon as possible if you are unable to attend. Someone may be waiting for your space.
- All courses include skill sessions requiring working on the floor. Wear comfortable clothing and bring a cushion for kneeling as needed.
- Participants are required to complete both written exams and skills test(s) in all courses to receive certification.
- Courses scheduled to meet through a meal time, will not break. Bring a drink and food with you to the course.
Click here for registration!
« Go to Upcoming Event List