Why should my troop participate?
- Participation in council-sponsored product programs is an important part of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience helping girls gain confidence in their abilities, build positive relationships with teammates and customers and give girls the financial means to consider a variety of activities during the year.
- Participating in council product programs is an excellent way
for troops to provide activities designed to teach girls valuable
life skills, such as:
- Goal Setting
- Decision Making
- Money Management
- People Skills
- Business Ethics
- Troops earn proceeds that can be used for activities early in the year, and girls feel good about earning their own funds.
- Girls understand how their efforts contribute to the overall good of the council. Proceeds are placed in the council general operating fund and help to underwrite the costs of all council programs, facilities and campsites - to keep costs affordable for troops and girls.
- Troops with a per girl average of 30 items or more will be eligible for a one time discount in the Girl Scout Store during December. (See the FPP Troop Manager Instructions for details.)
- It’s quick, it’s easy, and it’s fun!
Each Service Unit will provide training for a Fall Product Program (FPP) Troop Manager. This will give you the basics to be prepared. The Troop FPP Manger should be a registered Girl Scout who has a current background check on file with GSEOK. When you attend training, you will complete a volunteer agreement form.
Your troop can choose the plan that works best for you. Some troops concentrate on online sales, others focus more on the order cards, but most troops have a mix. No matter what you choose, the order for every girl will have to be submitted online. Troop Fall Product Managers are encouraged to go online to create your own avatar too. If your troop has at least $500 in online sales, you will receive your own avatar patch!
We want to be sure that everyone is safe when participating in Girl Scout Programs. Leaders should check the Safety Activity Checkpoints in VTK!
|Training for Fall Product Troop Managers||August 17 - September 15|
|Order Taking||September 27 - October 13|
|Troop Orders Due||October 14|
Online Sales Continue
|November 1 - November 17|
|Reward Order Due||November 16|
|Troop ACH||November 21|