Why should my troop participate?
- Participation in council-sponsored product programs is an important part of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience helping girls gain confidence in their abilities, build positive relationships with teammates and customers and give girls the financial means to consider a variety of activities during the year.
- Participating in council product programs is an excellent way
for troops to provide activities designed to teach girls valuable
life skills, such as:
- Goal Setting
- Decision Making
- Money Management
- People Skills
- Business Ethics
- Troops earn proceeds that can be used for activities early in the year, and girls feel good about earning their own funds.
- Girls understand how their efforts contribute to the overall good of the council. Proceeds are placed in the council general operating fund and help to underwrite the costs of all council programs, facilities and campsites - to keep costs affordable for troops and girls.
- This year we will be drawing for some new rewards for troops who have good participation in the program.
- Troops with a per girl average of 35 items or more and 50% of girls selling will be eligible for a one time discount in the Girl Scout Store during December. (See the Fall Product Troop Guide for details.)
- It’s quick, it’s easy, and it’s fun!
Each Fall Product Troop Manager must be trained. This year the basic training is offered on GSLearn. You will also need to contact your Service Unit Fall Product Coordinator for materials and specifics for your area. The Troop Fall Product Manger should be a registered Girl Scout who has a current background check on file with GSEOK.
Your troop can choose the plan that works best for you. Some troops concentrate on online sales, others focus more on the order cards, but most troops have a mix. If your troop has at least $700 in online sales and you launch the parent guardian email blast, you will receive your own avatar patch!
We want to be sure that everyone is safe when participating in Girl Scout Programs. Leaders should check the Safety Activity Checkpoints in VTK!
|Training for Fall Product Troop Managers||August 16 - September 30|
|Order Taking||September 17 - October 3|
|Online Orders||September 17 - November 7|
|Troop Orders Due||October 5|
|Product Delivery ||October 27 - November 7|
|Reward Order Due||November 8|
|Troop ACH||November 16|