Do you love all things space? Are you curious about astronomy? Maybe you just love anything STEM-related. The APEX astronomy club is for you. This girl-led leadership experience gives Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador level Girl Scouts an opportunity to explore the universe together. We hold bi-monthly meetings that focus on various fun activities in the world of astronomy. Make sure to register and pay your dues by November 21, 2021, to get to attend the awesome upcoming events. Dues pay for supplies during meetings and club patches.
Mission Statement: To cultivate a community that inspires, educates, and connects girls to the world of Astronomy.
2021-2022 APEX Club Dates
- November 21, 2021: Club Meeting at Hardesty Leadership Center
- January 23, 2022: Club Meeting at Hardesty Leadership Center
- March 20, 2022: Club Meeting at Hardesty Leadership Center
- May 14-15, 2022: Overnight at Camp Wah-Shah-She
- July 16-17, 2022: Field Trip *Location TBD Club members will get to decide*
Mission Support: Adult volunteers are also needed to support girls in their galactic endeavors. Email Maureen at email@example.com, if interested.
Adult Astronomy Committee
Calling all astronomy enthusiasts. Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma is re-launching our adult astronomy committee. We are looking for volunteers who have a passion for astronomy that would like to help with council events, oversee the older girl astronomy club, and help with training. If you are interested in being a part of the committee reach out to Maureen at MMcMahon@gseok.org.