Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma Travel!
Every girl deserves a chance to see the world – whether that means on the other side of town or the other side of the world. Many troops provide opportunities for their members to travel outside of our council area. Troop trips are a great way for girls to learn about planning, budgeting, being flexible, working together as a team, being respectful of each other, and so many other life skills.
In addition to their troop travel, Girl Scouts of Eastern Oklahoma offers girls other opportunities to see new places, meet new people, and learn about different ideas and cultures. These council-sponsored trips are for girls from all over our 30 counties.
There’s an entire world out there waiting to be explored, check out some of the council-sponsored trips coming up!
Progression in council-sponsored travel:
- Begins with a Troop Trip for Girl Scout Juniors (grades 4-6) to Hutchinson, Kansas. This trip will take place on January 18-20, 2020 with a registration deadline of November 30, 2019.
- Annual Cadette trips include a Fall Break trip (grades 6-8) and weekend Mystery Adventures (grades 7-12) held in fall and spring.
- Girls in grades 8-12 are eligible to participate in a Spring Break trip.
- National trips occur in even years and are 10-14 days long. Girls must be age 13 by June 1 of the year of the trip. The 2020 national trip is to Los Angeles and Hawaii! Girl-planning meetings are already taking place and girls are deciding on activities, lodging, food, etc.
- International trips occur in odd years and are 2-3 weeks long. Girls must be age 14 by June 1 of the year of the trip. The 2021 international trip is currently being decided on by girls!